Fourna is one of the largest villages in the Municipality of Karpenissi. Α great role in the development of letters and arts as well as in the personality and spirituality of the locals was played by the hieromonk, historian and painter, Dionysios of Fourna by founding a school of hagiography and letters in 1734, from which prominent personalities have passed over the centuries.
What dominates in the paved square of the village is the Church of the Transfiguration of the Savior in which there is an Ecclesiastical Museum with the icons of Dionysius of Fourna.
Near the village there is the Church of Zoodochos Pigi (1959) close to a destroyed monastery of the same name. Also, on the hill of Profitis Ilias with the homonymous church there are important archeological findings.
The Ecclesiastical Museum will host the icons of Dionysius of Fournas and other important church relics of the area.
In the village you can visit the Folklore Museum of the Women’s Association where handicrafts, dowry items, household utensils and tools are exhibited.